NFS oddity between 4.33 and 5.1

From: Alan Vidmar (Alan.Vidmar@COLORADO.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 14:56:35 EST

Hi guys,

I'm trying to resolve an odd problem with NFS. I've got two servers one with
4.33 the other with 5.1. Both are on the latest ML.

Each has identical data filesystems and permissions. Each "exports" file has the
identical data for what filesystems are to be exported and the host(client)
access permissions.

The problem is with the access lists. WIth the 4.33 system I can connect with my
NFS client software (WRQ NFS client) without any problem. But in the 5.1
system, I cannot connect unless I remove the host access list and make it
available to everyone (ie any connecting system with the appropriate
user/password).

Why would the 5.1 NFS system not recognize that an appropriate client was
trying to connect?

I've tried using the full name of the client and also IP address, neither works.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Alan

"I don't have time to be impatient."
Alan R. Vidmar Assistant Director of IT
Office of Financial Aid University of Colorado
Alan.Vidmar@Colorado.EDU (303)492-3598
*** This message printed with 100% recycled electrons ***