5702 Dual Channel Adapter Card

From: glh@DAIRYNET.COM
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 11:34:06 EST

I have p650 with an attached 7311-D20 I/O drawer with a 5702 dual channel
adapter card installed. Channel 0 of this card drives one of the internal
6-pack bays of disk drives of the D20 I/O drawer. The adapter card is
assigned to a partition. I tried to use channel 1 of this card to drive an
external Sony tape drive and I get the following error code on the p650 op
panel when I power on the system to Partition Standby mode... E54B
U0.2-P1.1. The second number is the adapter card location in the D20 I/O
drawer. My IBM business partner and the IBM support center hasn't yet been
able to help me. This same model tape drive works on another p650 with a
7311-D10 I/O drawer with a 6203 dual channel adapter card. The only
difference, I've been told, is that the 5702 card is supposed to be faster
than the 6203 card. Anybody got any ideas?

Gary Heilman
Dairyland Power Cooperative
608-787-1408
glh@dairynet.com