Re: Changing cron from a script?

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 13:56:45 EST

The simplest (but maintenance nightmarish) routine would be 2 crontabs and
just mv them and "crontab" them.

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             "Lieberg,
             Patrick"
             <plieberg@EV3.NET To
> aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Sent by: IBM AIX cc
             Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton. Subject
             EDU> Changing cron from a script?

             02/02/2004 11:55
             AM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

This seems like it should be simple, but my brain isn't able to wrap itself
around the problem this morning. Perhaps its all the snow.

My weekly backup stops our production databases and I'd like to comment out
some cron jobs so they don't generate a bunch of errors while the backup is
running, then uncomment them when the backup completes. Anyone have a good
ksh syntax for how to edit a crontab file from a ksh script?

-Patrick Lieberg
Systems Engineer
ev3 Inc.

This message has been checked for all known viruses