Changing cron from a script?

From: Lieberg, Patrick (plieberg@EV3.NET)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 12:55:07 EST

This seems like it should be simple, but my brain isn't able to wrap itself around the problem this morning. Perhaps its all the snow.

My weekly backup stops our production databases and I'd like to comment out some cron jobs so they don't generate a bunch of errors while the backup is running, then uncomment them when the backup completes. Anyone have a good ksh syntax for how to edit a crontab file from a ksh script?

-Patrick Lieberg
Systems Engineer
ev3 Inc.

This message has been checked for all known viruses