jfslog "closed/syncd" question

From: admin@CF2TREE.COM
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 13:12:37 EST

Hi,

My system: 7026-6H1 running AIX 5.1

I did a 'lsvg -l' yesterday on one of the volume groups and found one of the
jfslog to be 'closed/syncd'. I looked around, but I did not find any other
problem associated with the drive where this jfslog is located. What caused it
to go into "closed/syncd" state, and how I can turn it back to "open/syncd"?

blah# lsvg -l archivevg
archivevg:
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT
archpljfs1 jfslog 4 4 1 open/syncd N/A
archdkpl1 jfs 538 538 1 open/syncd /archdkpl1
archpljfs2 jfslog 4 4 1 closed/syncd N/A
archdkpl2 jfs 538 538 1 open/syncd /archdkpl2

TIA