Why this host can't transfer data to another host through a serial line ?

From: Paul. Vanchope (cuihh6@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 04:25:16 EST

Two hosts : hostA and hostB
I have already installed hacmp 4.5 on both hosts. Before i make a
configuration for the two hosts, I want to test
the serial line on both hosts.
On both hosts, i have maked ttys like the following:
#mkdev -c tty -t 'tty' -s 'rs232' -p 'sa0' -w '0'
#tty0 Available
#chdev -l tty0 -a login=enable
But when i test the serial line like this :
On hostA:
hostA:\> cat /etc/hosts > /dev/tty0
On hostB:
hostB:\> cat < /dev/tty0

hostB could not receive the /etc/hosts from hostA and vice versa.

Why ? Have to set login=disable for tty0 ?