Re: Add AIX to NT domain

From: Lloyd Dieter (ldieter@SNRGY.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 17:10:47 EST

I agree with John...I've done this several times in the past, without
Samba. The Exchange server should know how to "talk" smtp...if not, your
Exchange admin should be able to fix that. If they don't know how to
enable it, I can ask here to see what needs to be done.

Regards,

-Lloyd

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 09:21:49 -0600
John Jolet <john.jolet@FXFN.COM> wrote thusly:

> this would work if the exchange server speaks smtp. Not sure how having
> the aix server a member of the domain would affect that at all.
>
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 05:45, John Dunn wrote:
> > (And why would you want to do it in the first place?)
> >
> > Actually, what prompted this was trying to configure sendmail to send
> > mail from an AIX server to MS Exchange on NT.
> >
> > I can only get this to work if the AIX server is part of the NT
> > domain.
> >
> > If anyone knows how to get this to work without having the AIX server
> > part of the NT domain, I would love to know.
> >
> > John

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter@snrgy.com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267