Re: AUTOCOMM script

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 13:11:59 EST

Assuming this is sh or ksh the script calls the executable "TBL" and passes
it three parameters:

parameter 1 = ";NEW:COM"
parameter 2 = "!"
parameter 3 = "MW"

The trailing ampersand (&) puts the command in background and the leading
nohup runs the command so that it is immune to the hangup signal (which
means the process will keep running even though the parent process goes
away).

TBL may be an executable (binary or script) that is accessible in the
current PATH, or it may be a command alias.

What do you get if you type "which TBL" as root?

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2