Re: Daylight Saving

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 10:40:02 EST

Well allllrightyyy then! I sit corrected. I learned something else today!
Thanks.

BV :)

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             Bill Thompson
             <bill.thompson@GO
             ODYEAR.COM> To
             Sent by: IBM AIX aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Discussion List cc
             <aix-l@Princeton.
             EDU> Subject
                                       Re: Daylight Saving

             01/05/2004 09:25
             AM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

This is what I found on the net....

 Origin

It is sometimes asserted that DST was first proposed by Benjamin Franklin
in a letter to the editors of the Journal of Paris [1]. However, the
article was humorous; Franklin was not proposing DST, but rather that
people should get up and go to bed earlier.

It was first seriously proposed by William Willett in the "Waste of
Daylight" [2], published in 1907, but he was unable to get the British
government to adopt it despite considerable lobbying.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2