Re: weird problem when doing mklvcopy for the LV

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 06:12:21 EST

Clearly, the unusual aspect of this is why the second case works, as the
first case is behaving quite correctly and as one would anticipate.

I think there's a bug in LVM. I just tried it on a 5.1.0.0-04 system and
the mklv failed.
mklv -c 2 -t jfs -u 1 -y scglv01 scgtestvg 1
I get the same if I try it through smit.

What level of AIX are you at?

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.

<SNIP>