Re: Boot/install problem on H50

From: John F Riordan (jriorda2@CSC.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 12:48:37 EST

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if you are running into the same problem but I had similar
problems a year ago with an H50, and a F80. If I remember correctly I had
to update the microcode one machine (ended up doing both) and I also had
to get a newer version of the OS. I had to confirm what the LCD number on
the back of the OS case was, once I did that I was told by IBM not to use
the release I had.

Sorry it is not specific but maybe searching for these two problems on
IBM's site might help or at least eliminate these as a cause.

Thanks
John

John Riordan
Unix Systems Administrator
CSC / Bath Iron Works
Bath, Maine
jriorda2@csc.com
207.442.1094

for such purpose.

                      "Lieberg,
                      Patrick" To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      <plieberg cc:
                      @EV3.NET> Subject: Boot/install problem on H50
                      Sent by: IBM AIX
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l

                      12/29/2003 12:17
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

I have an H50 here that I am trying to load AIX 4.3.3 on for testing the
migration to 5.2 of our production DB. I cannot seem to get the system to
boot/install from the AIX CD. I've double-checked the boot sequence in SMS
and even done the install option from the SMS menus, but the system stops
booting on a 0518 code on the LCD panel. Looking this code up, it suggests
a problem was encountered doing a network boot, which is odd since I'm not
doing a network boot.

Any suggestions from the list would be helpful.

thanks,
Patrick Lieberg
Systems Administrator
ev3 Inc.

This message has been checked for all known viruses