Boot/install problem on H50

From: Lieberg, Patrick (plieberg@EV3.NET)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 12:17:09 EST

I have an H50 here that I am trying to load AIX 4.3.3 on for testing the migration to 5.2 of our production DB. I cannot seem to get the system to boot/install from the AIX CD. I've double-checked the boot sequence in SMS and even done the install option from the SMS menus, but the system stops booting on a 0518 code on the LCD panel. Looking this code up, it suggests a problem was encountered doing a network boot, which is odd since I'm not doing a network boot.

Any suggestions from the list would be helpful.

thanks,
Patrick Lieberg
Systems Administrator
ev3 Inc.

This message has been checked for all known viruses