errpt Output Format

From: Coyle, Jack (Jack.Coyle@REXHEALTH.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 20:49:41 EST

I upgraded a stand-alone system from AIX 4.3.3 (ML 10) to AIX 5.1 (ML 4)
earlier today. The migration was performed with the CDs. Since the upgrade,
error log entries (at least those I have seen so far) no longer contain
"meaningful" text under the DESCRIPTION heading, only four digit codes. For
example, two that I get routinely on this particular server have identifiers
of A7AB4C8F and E507DCF9. On AIX 4.3.3, these would be accompanied by the
descriptive test "TAPE_MIM_SIM_RECORD" and "TAPE_DRIVE_CLEANING",
respectively. Now, the former displays the code AAA0 and the latter display
the code AAA2. Does anyone know how I can "instruct" the error logger to
report the descriptive text again instead of these codes? TIA for any and
all information.

Regards,
Jack Coyle
Rex Healthcare