Re: indirect JFS mount

From: Taylor, David (DTaylor@WBMI.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 12:43:50 EST

Marcelino,

The MIND mount options allows for multiple indirect-inode blocks. The
only reason that you may want to use this is for a file-system that has
a HUGE amount of relatively small ( >32K - <1MB) files. Any file that
is greater than 32K requires an indirect-inode to address its contents.
If you run out of indirect-inodes the symptoms would be an "out of
memory" error and your files being truncated to exactly 32K.

I ran into this problem with a disk cache that sits in front of an
optical jukebox that is used for imaging/work-flow.

HTH

David Taylor

Senior Software Systems Engineer

West Bend Mutual Insurance