Re: Telnet port 25

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 13:19:29 EST

The problem here is that there will be no retries for failures and failed
mail will stay queued.

A better solution is to run sendmail without the "-bd" as such:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -q1m

This way it works the queues but does not accept connections on port 25.

This assumes you only want to send mail and not receive.

Kevin Adams
PacifiCare Behavioral Health
Principal Systems Analyst
AIX CATE