p650 Problem with one Terminal/Console window

From: John F Riordan (jriorda2@CSC.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 09:12:46 EST

Hi All,

I have a p650 with three LPARS. When I go into the HMC and bring up
"Server Management" and right click on my "LPAR-2" and select "Open
Terminal Window" The window will open, however I am getting the following:

"YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

This would go on all day. My other two LPARS are fine. I can get to the
Console login without a problem. I have been looking to see if there are
setting for the console window, other than in "smitty" and the /dev/tty0
configuration. It matches my other two LPARS.

I am looking through the following Red Books to see: EFFECTIVE SYSTEM
MANAGEMENT USING THE IBM HARDWARE MANAGEMENT CONSOLE FOR pSERIES, and
pSERIES 650 MODEL 6M2 TECHNICAL OVERVIEW AND INTRO.

I have not seen anything regarding the "Terminal window". I should also
mention this is happening when I log into the HMC via "Web-based System
Manager" from one of my other RS/6000's, The p650 Console Running Red Hat,
and My Windows NT machine running the PC version of "Web-based System
Manager"

I hope I explained this ok.

As always, Thanks in advance.
John