Re: percentage of 8mm backup tape used

From: Vipin Khushu (vkhushu@GUERNSEYOP.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 09:13:17 EST

Thanks. I'll give that a whirl.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Verzal [mailto:BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 1:33 PM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: Re: percentage of 8mm backup tape used

Here is a thought...

Create a compressed filesystem and dd the tape (or copy the files) to the
compressed filesystem. I would guess the compression algorithms are
somewhat similar.

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax