Re: Strange route in AIX 5.1

From: Ferenc Gyurcsan (fgyurcsa@AVAILANT.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 10:42:32 EST

This loopback route was introduced to AIX 5.1 in order to speed up
communication when you talk to a local interface. This way it's rerouted to
loopback. I don't think there is any way to change this behavior, since it's
built into ifconfig.

--Ferenc

----------------------------------------------------|

Hi All,

Had any of you seen this route that is created automatically with system
reboot :

192.168.77.1 127.0.0.1 UGHS 2 17 lo0 - -

The IP address is the sever IP address. I checked added static routes but
found nothing. I flushed the routing table from ODM but it still happening.
I checked rc.net for added static routes but also found nothing. I m not
sure what is this status 'S' in the route.

This is happening only on AIX 5.1 systems and cause us problem at some
sites. I m sure there is away to deactivate it beside having to delete
after
the system reboot.

Thanks for you help.

Basim Chafik

Senior Technology Consultant
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - RS/6000 AIX
Invera Inc.

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying
of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended
recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please
advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou
copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous
recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de
courriel ou par un autre moyen.