Overlapping Filesets

From: Karl Jones (kjones@DBS1.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 15:39:33 EST

How can I free up space by removing the older version of each fileset? I
take it simply removing files by brute-force is not a good idea. When I
specify that I want to remove the older fileset inside of smit, it no longer
sees the older fileset.

  Fileset Level State Description

  freeware.sendmail.rte     8.11.1.0    ?    Sendmail Release 8.11
                            8.11.6.0    C    Sendmail Release 8.11
  freeware.squid.rte         2.3.4.0    ?    Squid Proxy Server
                             2.4.1.0    C    Squid Proxy Server
State Codes:
 A -- Applied.
 B -- Broken.
 C -- Committed.
 O -- Obsolete.  (partially migrated to newer version)
 ? -- Inconsistent State...Run lppchk -v.
# lppchk -v
lppchk:  The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring
         the system to a consistent state:
  freeware.sendmail.rte 8.11.1.0          (usr: not installed, root:
COMMITTED)
  freeware.squid.rte 2.3.4.0              (usr: not installed, root:
COMMITTED)
#