exportfs from RS6K to RS6K

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@SCHNUCKS.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 15:00:16 EDT

Greetings,
Thanks for the response on the base level packages. The are indeed on the
installation CD's. I do have another question. I have a remote RS6000 F50
that I am doing the ML updates that I need to access the CD on a local
machine (RS6000 43P 150). I mounted the cd on the local machine. made the
entry in /etc/exports as follows

/cdrom -root=frodo,ro

I then did an exportfs -a

On the remote machine I enter the command mount frodo:/cdrom /cdrom
and I get the following error:

Current Directory=[/]

schnucDR> mount frodo:/cdrom /cdrom

mount: 1831-010 server frodo not responding: RPC: 1832-019 Program not
registere

mount: retrying

frodo:/cdrom

I checked /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/netsvc.conf, and /etc/hosts to see if I had
anything wrong it these files. /etc/hosts contained the entry fro the
system frodo. I there something that I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.