SAP on AIX

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 11:18:33 EDT

Does anyone out there have SAP running on AIX ? If so, please read on:

We are running AIX 4.3.3 on an S80, with a few APP servers. As well, we
run SAP/BW.

On several of our servers, the "saposcol" program will just die after a
while (usually within 24-hours of starting it), but it will leave behind
its' shared memory segment of 0x00004dbe. The program cannot be restarted
until I run an "ipcrm -m " on the shared memory segment ID.

Has anyone seen this on their systems ? If so, do you by chance have the
SAP note that fixes it ? There is no coredump or anything - the program
just leaves the process table.

Thanks, Bill.

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax