Re: SPECIAL NOTICE: Technical Support Bulletin - Changing to Wint er Time

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 04:15:05 EDT

One of my colleagues looked into this yesterday, and the problem is NOT with
the change from Summer to Winter time itself, or the TZ environment
variable, but with smit. If you use smit to set it, it could get it wrong.
If you have put it into /etc/environment yourself then it'll be OK.
(Assuming you got it right yourself, of course!)

Obviously, if in any doubt you would be wise to check this yourself:
following my advice is extremely hazardous! :-)

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.

<SNIP>