Re: Replacing SSA Drives

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 05:32:22 EDT

I assume we're talking about LVM mirroring here?

No need to break the mirror, provided there's a spare slot in the SSA
drawer. Just use migratepv.

If it's just necessary to replace a faulty drive, and there are no 4.5GB
disks available, then it's perfectly acceptable to mirror onto a different
size disk. You can even use the extra space, if you want.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.