Re: p650 LPARS and New Physical Disks

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 15:49:37 EDT

If the drives are in the same 4-pack as the existing drives on the LPAR, it
will be there when the box comes up, or after you run cfgmgr. If the
drives are on separate 4-packs, you'll need to allocate the corresponding
4-pack (Ux.y-Pz-Zz) where x.y is the slot, Pz is the PCI bus (1/2) and Zz
is the SCSI adapter (11/12). An example would be U1.5-P1-Z2, for scsi slot
12.

BV

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America