Slow Network Bandwidth on 100Mb Ethernet

From: Thomas Blaney (trb811@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 10:37:56 EDT

I have a p615 (7029-6C3) running AIX 5.2 ML01. Seeing very poor network
performance on 100Mb ethernet interface. The card and switch port are both
locked in at 100Mb full duplex. Throughput on ftp transfers is only about
40KB/s, which only translates to about 320Kb/s. My experience is that on a
non busy interface, I should be able to get 10-20% of the network bandwidth,
which in this case should be 10-20Mb/s. entstat -d is not showing any
errors at all on the interface. The AIX error log is not showing anything
either. The problem does NOT resolve itself by downing/detaching/uping the
ethernet card, but the problem DOES resolve with an AIX reboot. However,
after a few days of use, the card/interface slows down again.

The ethernet card type is as follows:
10/100Mbs Ethernet PCI Adapter II (1410ff01).

TCP file sets are as follows:
bos.net.tcp.client.5.2.0.14
bos.net.tcp.server.5.2.0.11

Any help/suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.