Re: P690 and Shark Performance Problem

From: Jeff Barratt (jbarratt@COMPSAT.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 07:49:02 EDT

to test the disk performance, download and compile
iozone(http://www.iozone.org). read the documentation fully, there are
multiple ways to get around filesystem cache(non-comp frames), using a
compination of minimizing minperm/maxper/maxclient and setting
strict_maxperm to 1..I use these flags iozone -a -U /testjfs -f
/testjfs/testfile -b /tmp/iozone.out

no one seemed to make any recomendations regarding CPU saturation tests.any
non commercial products or methods out there to saturate and report CPU perf
metrics(sar -P 0,1,2,3,4,nproc-1 2 10)?