Re: Hard drive problem?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 12:21:08 EDT

Ultimately unmount the filesystem(s) and run fsck, and that should take care
of it. I don't think there's any need to go to single-user mode.

You might also run fuser -d, to see if there are still processes trying to
use the files your DBA deleted.

I would suggest just checking the volume group: make sure that no disks have
gone missing without being spotted as these sorts of errors can be due to
that. (Unlikely that this has been missed, but it can happen.)

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.

<SNIP>