Re: Shell script: find

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 07:50:53 EDT

"/some/path/*" is fine EXCEPT it will not find files that start with a
period (e.g.: ".profile") and it could overflow the command line buffer if
there are lots of files in the directory. (just like "ls -l *" can overflow
the command line buffer).

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2