Re: Cloning an AIX 4.3.3 machine

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 11:47:01 EDT

you had a mirrored OS you backed up

put two drives into that machine and should work fine

Bobby Kelley
BRINKS
972-877-5341

| | "Barbeau, |
| | Jean-Philippe" |
| | <JP.Barbeau@SAQ.Q|
| | C.CA> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 08/27/2003 10:33 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Re: Cloning an AIX 4.3.3 machine |

was the rootvg on the original machine mirrored on 2 disks? if so then I
think you need to specify 2 disks on the new machine when you restore your
mksysb (hdisk0 and hdisk1 for example). I've had similar errors when
trying
to restore a mirrored rootvg to a single disk...

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.