Cloning an AIX 4.3.3 machine

From: Sippel, Christian (Christian.Sippel@IZB.DE)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 11:16:27 EDT

Hi List,
I'm trying to clone an 43p-150 to an 44p170 workstation with an mksysb-tape.
On the source machine I created the mksysb with "mksysb -i /dev/rmt0". On
the target machine I booted from CD and right after selecting /dev/rmt0 as
the device where the backup resides I get an error warning:

"An invalid disk (10-80-00-4,0) was specified in the location field of the
data file."

Then I have the choice to reboot or continue. If I continue then I can go on
choosing the disk where I want to install to ( I chose hdisk0 with location
code 10-60-00-0,0, I don't use maps and I don't shrink filesystems) and if I
go on I get:

"0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There
are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep
strictness and satisfy allocation requests. The command should be retrieved
with different allocation characteristics.

0516-822 mklv: Unable to crate physical volume.
BOS Install: could not create the hd5 logical volume"

What did I do wrong? Is it a problem that the 43p is rspc architecture an
the 44p is chrp architecture?

TIA
Christian