Re: HACMP question

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 05:17:28 EDT

If you can swing it, an upgrade to 4.4.1 would be worthwhile. Apart from
being a supported release, (for now), I found it to be an altogether better
product and easier to configure than 4.2.2 or even 4.4, (the other versions
I've used recently).

It will also make subsequent AIX migrations simpler as it will run with 433
or 51.
If you're never going to upgrade the system, then stick with whatever you
like. However, if you think you may upgrade in the future it might be worth
upgrading to HACMP 4.4.1 now, before it's withdrawn from marketing.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2> &r=1&w=2
<http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/>

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.