static ip to dhcp

From: karan (aixrav@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 12:58:26 EDT

Hi aix gurus,
I recently bought an 150 box.'am trying to hookup with
roadrunner. Roadrunner has the dhcp type ip
addressing. While I first time setup the aix5.1 I
assigned a static ip address 192.168.1.9, I need to
move it dhcp now. 'am planing to follow these steps

1. rmdev -d -l en0..so that it removes the NIC..
2. add the appropriate name servers and run cfgmgr so
tat NIC will be detected.
3. run "smitty tcpip"
        "use DHCP for tcpip configuration & startup"
   choose en0 setup hostname and the domain name
4. create /etc/defaultrouter and put my default router
IPaddress in it.

am I missing something or does the following steps are
sufficient.please advice me on how to setup an AIX 5.1
so that I can get internet connectivity from a
cablemodem(roadrunner).

thanks inadvance,
karan