FAStT 600 and AIX

From: Peter McKay (Peter.McKay@INFINITY.CO.NZ)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 22:10:03 EDT

Good people,

I'm trying to understand some of the technology in the FAStT storage
management in regards to AIX. The marketing from IBM suggests that only
Netware, Linux, Win2K Dynamic Disks, and Winnt4 logical disks on a FAStT
array can be capacity expanded.

If I expand a logical volume (on the FAStT) can I then utilize the extra
capacity with AIX 5? My assumption is yes, because the Logical Volume
Manager will see the extra capacity (may have to run cfgmgr) and will
then be able to be expanded.

Kind Regards,

Peter McKay
Technical Consultant
Infinity Solutions
Unit 3, 1 Show Place
Addington, Christchurch
Ph: (03) 9637965, Mob: (027) 2301884
Fx: (03) 9637941
www.infinitysolutions.co.nz <http://www.infinitysolutions.co.nz/>

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.