Re: Mounting tape drives between systems

From: Tim Muller (aix_sa_706@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:24:31 EDT

Actually, I want to do a restore from a remote tape
drive. From what you've written, I think that I need
to execute a remote shell from the target system, then
I can execute the restore command to restore from the
remote tape to the current directory. Correct? TIA.

--- "Green, Simon" <Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM> wrote:
> One way is to use dd on one system to write the data
> to stdout, pipe it via
> rsh to dd on the remote system and thence to the
> tape.

=====
Tim Muller
Hamilton Co. Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, OH USA