Re: 7025-F50 FC problem

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 09:58:27 EDT

we have a fastt500, and the fibre-channel disk is actually kind of scsi over fc, so that's not out of line. we ran into this problem trying to configure a snap of an existing disk on a system that's also connected to an emc unit, and running powerpath. looks like powerpath is assuming any time it sees two disks with the same pvid, it MUST be an emc disk. what else is in your environment that might want to think it controls those disks? run cfgmgr -v for more detail.