7025-F50 FC problem

From: Gipson, Mat (Mat.Gipson@AMERICREDIT.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 09:40:32 EDT

7025-F50
AIX5.1 ML4
Problem: I have recently installed a 6227 FC adapter which is attached to a
brocade switch which is attached to a 2105-F20. I have the latest Sdd and
2105.rte filesets installed on the server. However when I run cfgmgr to add
the LUNS to my system I get the following error:

# cfgmgr
Method error (/etc/methods/cfgscsidisk -l hdisk7 ):
        0514-068 Cause not known.
Method error (/etc/methods/cfgscsidisk -l hdisk8 ):
        0514-068 Cause not known.

Obviously the first thing that jumps out at me is that it is trying to
configure it as a SCSI disk. Any insight anyone can offer is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mathew Gipson
matt.gipson@americredit.com <mailto:matt.gipson@americredit.com>