Re: oslevel -r question

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 12:02:35 EDT

"oslevel -r" only gives fairly basic information. I would expect it to take
the safe option and report the lowest assured ML. (Which is what it did?)
One can then investigate further with instfix etc.

Regarding John Mills' post: oslevel is not just checking the bare minimum
filesets you require, but all of the AIX filesets it knows about. If
IMNSearch isn't installed it won't care, but if it *is* installed oslevel is
going to make sure it's consistent with the rest of the system. I would say
that this is correct and useful behaviour.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.