Boot off SSA disks

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 20:38:08 EDT

Hi,

I just added 4 more SSA drives to a D40 drawer of which there were
previously 8 drives already.

Bootinfo -B tells me I can boot off the original 8, but not the new 4. That
must say the adapters are OK.

The original 8 are 36g and the new 4 are 18g drives. The new 4 are at mc
level 0023 and 0024 is the latest. So they aren't too far off.

I checked on another system where bootinfo -B once said it could not boot on
SSA, but now says it can. That system has been rebooted after adding the
drives.

Do I need to reboot for some reason so the drives are there at boot time to
mark them as bootable in the ROS?

Kevin Adams
PacifiCare Behavioral Health
Principal Systems Analyst
AIX Certified Advanced Technical Expert

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, contains information from PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.