Re: mirror a 9G to half of an 18G disk

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 05:07:41 EDT

What's it objecting with?

The only thing on the man page is some stuff about LVM meta-data changes
requiring the LVs to be closed, which can't be done for rootvg.

If that's the case you might be able to boot it in maintenance mode and do
it there.

Not ideal - it's still an outage - but slightly better than re-installing
from a mksysb.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe Ltd

N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.

<SNIP>