Re: mirror a 9G to half of an 18G disk

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 13:26:44 EDT

Joe,

Not a problem at all. The LVM mirrors at the logical volume level, not the
disk level. Just add the 18 GB disk to rootvg and be sure to specify it
when you run your mklvcopy command. I've mirrored two 9 GB disks to one 18
GB disks in the past and it works very well.

Note that you can still utilize the remaining 9 GB on the second disk, but
the data will be unprotected.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2