Re: Slow HMC

From: dballester@KERNPHARMA.COM
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 11:59:43 EDT

May be the RedHat Linux OS was making an updatedb? This process is executed
daily cron ( with heavy use of i/o ) and mantain an internal db used, for
example, by the locate application.

Taking a loomk to the top processes may give you some idea about what's
doing the machine.

HTH

Regards

glh@DAIRYNET.COM@Princeton.EDU> con fecha 30/06/2003 05:50:01 p.m.

Por favor, responda a IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

Enviado por: IBM AIX Discussion List <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

Destinatarios: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
CC:

Asunto: Slow HMC

My HMC manages a single p650. This morning I went in to use the HMC and
it's performance is very, very slow. The disk activity light is almost
always on (solid green). Has anyone experienced anything similar? I
checked the HMC event log and found nothing out of the ordinary. Can I or
should I just reboot the HMC to see if that clears it up? Thanks.

Gary Heilman
Dairyland Power Cooperative
608-787-1408
glh@dairynet.com