Re: SCO/IBM

From: pSeries AIX Geek (aixgeek@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 13:35:10 EDT

The only concern is the opportunity for Sun to steal
back market share by winking that IBM and its
customers might be in trouble. You don't think some
clueless suit might shy away from IBM because of the
"possibility" of an AIX licensing issue?

I'm an AIX guy, first and last. I can't stand Sun,
and I tolerate Linux. I'm not about to go take a
Solaris job or start working on it if my customers
migrate to Solaris (I have no interest in being a
"UNIX" admin; I'll either go back into software
development or project management, but I won't be a
Solaris admin.]

Will IBM win? Sure. I'm not so far removed from my
Caldera days that I think these guys have a prayer.
Will this "hurt" IBM in the marketing arena?
Possibly.

[Although, I noticed that SCO's stock went down a buck
and IBM's went up 2 on the day SCO announced the
license revocation. It'll be an interesting watch.]