Re: AIX 5L & SCO lawsuits.

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 11:09:13 EDT

This remains to be seen, as Novell says it never transferred the copyrights
to SCO. Novell was the previous owner to UNIX rights.

BV

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726

| | MARLON BORBA |
| | <MBORBA@TRF3.GOV.|
| | BR> |
| | Sent by: IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | <aix-l@Princeton.|
| | EDU> |
| | |
| | |
| | 06/11/2003 11:36 |
| | AM |
| | Please respond to|
| | IBM AIX |
| | Discussion List |
| | |
  | |
  | To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: AIX 5L & SCO lawsuits. |

fellow AIXers,

as everyone already knows, SCO in a surprising turnover threatens IBM
with lawswits for 'infringing contract restrictions' over SCO
proprietary Unix technologies which IBM allegedly 'delivered' into the
Linux kernel. since these technologies probably shipped with AIX 5L --
the L stands for 'Linux integration' AFAIK -- I would like to ask you
what you think about SCO's arguments.

SCO says that 'permission' granted to IBM for use of that technologies
expires friday, June 13th. do we need to care about SCO's threats?

TIA,

marlon - aix & linux geek

/*
Marlon Borba
Divisao de Suporte Tecnico
TRF 3a. Regiao
(11) 3311-4683 e 9692-8357
mborba@trf3.gov.br - marlonborba@acm.org
-------
"We reject kings, presidents, and voting. We
believe in rough consensus and a
running code."
--Dave Clark, pioneiro da Internet
*/