BULL to p670 restore

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 11:02:15 EDT

Hey Guys, Anybody have any experience cloning Bull systems to RS6k or
pSeries boxes??

The restore seems to go without a hitch, but hangs on overmounting.
Afterwords the system won't boot to the newly restored internal drives NOR
with firmware even see the drives now. Restore was done with like-level CD
boot and 8mm mksysb. I can now boot from CD to mount root and see all
internal drives and everything OS-wise looks good. I'm going to try a
bosboot and another reboot.

For those of you (like me) who haven't heard of Bull, they're basically IBM
RISC or pSeries boxes with different labeling on the outside, and my
understanding is they are mostly sold overseas. Bull support has confirmed
that they are IDENTICAL with the exception of the frames that say BULL
instead of IBM....

Any ideas?? Thanks!!