Re: RAID1 with SSA disks on an F40

From: Klaus Oberle (Klaus.Oberle@LINDE-MH.DE)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 05:39:30 EDT

Hi Christian,

smitty dev => SSA Raid Arrays => Change Use of Multiple SSA Physical Disks

select your disks and set "New Use" to "AIX System Disks"

/klaus

                      "Sippel,
                      Christian" An: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      <Christian.Sippe Kopie:
                      l@IZB.DE> Thema: RAID1 with SSA disks on an F40
                      Gesendet von:
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton
                      .EDU>

                      03.06.2003 11:23
                      Bitte antworten
                      an IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Dear list,
sorry for that stupid question but:
I have a F40 with 4 internal 4GB SSA drives and IBM SSA Adapter. I would
like to create either 2 pairs of RAID 1 arrays with the raid controller or
do a software RAID by mirroring logical volumes. The 4 SSA-Disks are
displayed as pdisks but not as hdisks. The only way that I found to make
them accessible is smitty dev=>SSA RAID Arrays=> Add an SSA RAID Array and
create an RAID5 but I don't want to configure a RAID5. If I try to create a
hdisk for each of the ssa pdisks by going to smitty dev=>SSA Disks=>SSA
Logical Disks=>Add an SSA Logical Disk I need a connection adress but when
trying to create a list I get "There are no items of this type". When I try
to enter a connection adress that I found out with smitty dev=>SSA
Disks=>SSA Physical Disks=>Change/Show Characteristics of an SSA Physical
Disk I get "Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgssadisk): 0514-022 The
specified connection is not valid."

How can I create a hardware or software RAID1? Any hint is appreciated!

Thanks,
Christian

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
the views of Linde Material Handling.

Since January 2002 we use the e-mail domain linde-mh.de instead
of linde-fh.de.

This mail has been swept for the presence of computerviruses.