RAID1 with SSA disks on an F40

From: Sippel, Christian (Christian.Sippel@IZB.DE)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 05:23:55 EDT

Dear list,
sorry for that stupid question but:
I have a F40 with 4 internal 4GB SSA drives and IBM SSA Adapter. I would
like to create either 2 pairs of RAID 1 arrays with the raid controller or
do a software RAID by mirroring logical volumes. The 4 SSA-Disks are
displayed as pdisks but not as hdisks. The only way that I found to make
them accessible is smitty dev=>SSA RAID Arrays=> Add an SSA RAID Array and
create an RAID5 but I don't want to configure a RAID5. If I try to create a
hdisk for each of the ssa pdisks by going to smitty dev=>SSA Disks=>SSA
Logical Disks=>Add an SSA Logical Disk I need a connection adress but when
trying to create a list I get "There are no items of this type". When I try
to enter a connection adress that I found out with smitty dev=>SSA
Disks=>SSA Physical Disks=>Change/Show Characteristics of an SSA Physical
Disk I get "Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgssadisk): 0514-022 The
specified connection is not valid."

How can I create a hardware or software RAID1? Any hint is appreciated!

Thanks,
Christian