Re: Accessing Novell Shares from AIX

From: Stapleton, Mark (stapleto@BERBEE.COM)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 16:52:08 EDT

From: Anthony F. Fiore [mailto:anthony.fiore@NYU.EDU]
> A user is requesting if they can access files on a Novell file
> server and print to a Novell printer. AIX Supportline
> basically wouldn't
> even connect me to someone who could say if this was possible or not.

IBM used to sell a product called NetWare Services for AIX. It basically
allowed an AIX box to appear as if it were a NetWare server. It hasn't
been updated in years, and to be quite frank, I don't even know if it's
sold by IBM any more or if it will run on modern versions of AIX.

What was interesting about the package was that there was no NetWare
client on it; AIX could not see other NetWare servers even as it was
emulating one.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton@berbee.com)
Berbee Information Networks