Re: Dropping sockets to a particular port

From: Raj Atwal (atwalrs@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 14:28:39 EDT

That would kill my notes server unfortunately. All the sockets are controlled by one PID and that PID is the notes server, so if I killed that PID I would kill my notes server, which is what I am trying to avoid.

Unfortunately, multiple sockets to a single port do not result in multiple
and individual PIDs. Thanks though Bruce

Rgds

Raj

Bruce Zimmer <b.r.zimmer@WORLDNET.ATT.NET> wrote:

The only way I know of is to kill the processes that are holding those ports open. You can use lsof to determine the process that is using a particular port.

Bruce Zimmer

Central Data Systems

(248) 615-4644 (direct)

(248) 320-1175 (cell)