Re: performance question

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 11:54:23 EDT

Just to add to Simon's comment, if you do enable AIO on your system, I
would recommend setting max=500 and min=whatever. There is no performance
tax for this setting, and this will allow you to guage how many of these
servers are used with your app. Afterwhich, you can set max=whatever active
only after next reboot. This way, you tune this setting specifically for
your apps needs.

FYI "pstat -a|grep aio|wc -l" will tell you how many async servers have
been started at any given time.

I was an "IBMr" in another life time and recommended to my customers that
a setting of 10 times the number of physical drives on the system was a
good rule of thumb, but have steered away from that since......Let me know
if I can help you further on this aio stuff.

Bobby Kelley
Sr. AIX/UNIX Administrator
BRINKS
972-877-5341