Re: transferring data from one location to another

From: Aaron Morris (aaronmorris@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 16:30:15 EDT

If you just want to transfer the data electronically, you have a couple
of good options.

Non-encrypted:
Just use an FTP client that has the ability to resume transfers. This
would be that fastest method.

Encrypted:
rsync over ssh. While I do not think rsync can resume file transfers,
it is smart enough to pick up with the last file file it tried to
transfer. This method would not be extrememly fast (depends on the
systems used), but should be reliable. Also, rsync *MAY* have problems
with files over 1GB it size.

Of course the FTP method would also work with a VPN and you would have
the best of both worlds.

--
Aaron W Morris
decep